Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Paris Shopping



One of the things I'm most looking forward to in Paris this summer is the shopping!  In 2013, there really isn't too much that you can't get in your home country anymore (either in stores or online), but what I like about shopping in Paris is the ease of it all.  I love French clothing brands, and many of them are only available online in the US if you want any kind of a good selection.  I love stores like Le Bon Marché where I can find Paul & Joe, Maje, and Isabel Marant all in the same place!  I'm really looking forward to making a stop there soon!  The other thing I love about Paris shopping is the randomness of it all.  Sure, you can find many big fashion houses along Avenue George V, or Montaigne, but you can also find them in really unlikely places.  For example, at the end of the Rue de Lappe in Bastille, a big party block, is an Isabel Marant boutique.  There's a Dries Van Noten along the Rue de Seine that I would never have noticed if it wasn't on my way home every day.  The Marais is filled with great little stores too, I love finding these little gem boutiques in random places, it's like a fashion treasure hunt scattered all throughout the city.  Last time I was in Paris, I needed a new pair of flats (the ones I had brought with me cut up my feet terribly) so I stopped in a shoe store on Bd Saint Germain and was surprised to find Marc Jacobs, Bloch, tons of really nice quality brands!  It didn't look like a designer shoe store so I was shocked!  Again, a great store in a random place.  I bought a beautiful pair of silver Bloch flats that I still wear and love till this day.

I'm not one to stock up on food things like macaroons or wine and bring them home, I'm more of a fashion and beauty girl, so some of the things I'm looking forward to browsing or purchasing are:

- Paul & Joe
- Isabel Marant
- Maje
- L'Oreal Elsève (best hair mask EVER. Sadly it's only available in Europe so I always stock up!)
- Make up from the new beauty section in Le Bon Marché 

...and maybe, if I'm feeling indulgent, some Chanel.  Pictured below is my vintage Mini flap, I'm an avid vintage collector! 



No comments:

Post a Comment