Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Down the Rabbit Hole, London



Most of my London nights out were spent in Café Bohème in Soho. I quite liked this bar, it was very old world Parisian and sleek, and seemed to be a good after work or after theatre spot. One night, my friend spotted that they had Absinthe, and being the Baroque/Victorian princess that I am, we just had to order some!  Mostly it just tasted like Sambuca (a favorite of my father) and was hard to drink because I hate licorice, but it did have some interesting effects. 

Soho is a fun area to wander around even during the day, but it really comes to life at night.  I like the small historic streets and the way that the modern mixes with the traditional.  On one corner you might find a massive theatre with bright lights and glitter and then next door a very old pub with soft, warm lighting and old fashioned decor.  I would have loved to have some nights out in the East End as well since the bars that I saw there definitely felt like more my style, but there just isn't time for everything!


No comments:

Post a Comment