Saturday, June 29, 2013

Paris Plans




During my upcoming trip to London, my friend and I will also be taking a short trip to Paris for three days!  I am really excited to get back to Paris, as it is a city that I know and love very well.  As some of you know, I have family and friends in France, and have spoken both English and French for most of my life.  I spent a month in Paris in 2010, and hope to move there in the future, possibly even as soon as next year!  With that said, my Paris plans are a little different than my London ones.  I won't be playing tourist on this trip since I was fortunate enough to see most of the major sights when I was there a few years ago.  My friend has also been there once before and seen the main sights as well, so we decided we would focus on some smaller things.  We will of course be doing some major sights, it is Paris after all, but we want this to be a relaxing exploration trip rather than a rushed tourist type thing.  I love to return to places that I've already been, because you get the chance to see a different version of the place, and perhaps find those little details you may have missed on your initial visit.  I'll be playing the main tour guide in Paris, and so far our small list of sights includes:

-Catacombs (excited, and never actually did these, I could never get there on time!)
-Notre Dame
-Musée Cognacq-Jay
-Dinner or lunch at Verjus
-Lots of shopping! Au Bon Marché, Printemps, Galeries Lafayette
-Wandering around Saint-Germain, my old neighborhood
-Musée Edith Piaf, if we can make a reservation

We've rented an apartment in Bastille, so we will be close to the nightlife, and I've bee craving some Bastille nights lately so I am super excited!  I'll definitely be reviewing a lot of bars and clubs on this short trip!  Until then, 2 of my favorite Parisian bars are-

The Long Hop, Latin Quarter, 25 Rue Frédéric Sauton.  Great for meeting fellow students/younger people.  Really friendly place.  Last time I was there there was a round of beer pong played with actual glasses...yeah the table collapsed and everything broke!

Le Fanfaron, Bastille, 6 Rue de la Main d'Or



No comments:

Post a Comment